Who the course is for
This course is specifically designed for fire brigades that respond to incidents at airfields/regional airports without airport vehicles. It is also designed for people who have fire safety response training/experience and would like to acquire specialized training in airport rescue and firefighting.
This specialized training program will teach you techniques for responding to aircraft fires. Course content includes:
- Types of airports and airfields
- Types of aircraft and construction
- Extinguishing agents
- Extrication tools and rescue equipment
- Occupational health and safety
- Signage and telecommunication
- Other risks
- Response procedures
Diploma of vocational studies in fire safety intervention or equivalent training (e.g., industrial firefighting).